- Cinema Paradiso A beautiful, charming, tear-jerker. Best ending ever.
- Inherit the Wind The original with superb acting and a screenplay that flows like a soft summer breeze.
- Nanny McPhee Heart-warming story. Colin Firth, Emma Thompson and Angela Lansbury are magical.
- Pan’s Labyrinth Part fairy tale, part political fable, part visual masterpiece, complete masterpiece.
- Tombstone Kurt Russell “You going do something? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?” Enough said.
- Perla’s (Austin, TX) Spectacular seafood, exquisite service. One of the best meals in this restaurant-heavy city. The Salted Butterscotch Pot de Crème is the best dessert you will ever eat.
- Daniel (New York, NY) Daniel Boulud’s iconic namesake restaurant in every way lives up to its reputation as one of the nation’s top culinary destinations. Go with the Chef’s Tasting Menu.
- Night + Market (Los Angeles, CA) Fresh, spicy, delicious, innovative and memorable Thai food.
- Mistral (Boston, MA) Rich in atmosphere, quality, flavors, service and elegance. A perfect night out for any special occasion.
- The Strand House (Manhattan Beach, CA) Amazing setting, great bartenders. The food is always fresh and delicious. Hamachi Crudo and the new Cauliflower with Vadouvan are must haves.
- American Cancer Society Their “Relay For Life” events are transformative. Check with the local chapter and start a team.
- Doctors Without Borders Provides medical care to tens of millions around the world that are caught in crisis.
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center Internationally renowned. Full of caring people. Groundbreaking research, diagnosis, treatment and care.
2014 was David’s 7th year of doing fundraisers for the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center. Each summer, David does an endurance event/fundraiser “For June in June” in honor of his sister June. She was treated and cared for by the great people at the JCCC, and to support their research and care programs, David attempts to raise awareness and donations that directly support the vital work they do. In addition to direct donations, a portion of each book sold will be donated to the JCCF.
On June 25th, he took off from Manhattan Beach, CA and rode his bike to Las Vegas, Nevada, via Joshua Tree National Park. He completed this 350-mile journey–climbing over 12,000 ft. of elevation, enduring temperatures in the 115 degree range–in less than 48 hours. The opportunity to combine a challenging adventure, the launching of my new book, and a fundraiser that supports such a great organization, is a true gift.